When unable to proceed, the QuickBooks program terminates and crashes in the middle of any changes being made to the company file. Because of this issue, QuickBooks frequently crashes and the QBWUSER.ini file becomes corrupt. This article encloses a comprehensive walkthrough for fixing QuickBooks Abort error.
Factors that lead to the QuickBooks Abort Error
- Missing or corrupted QBWUSER.INI files can provoke QuickBooks Abort Error.
- The firewall and antivirus program may be obstructing QuickBooks functioning.
- The sleep or hibernation mode might be activated when saving the company file.
- Corruption in the QuickBooks company file can also incite the QuickBooks Abort Error.
Quick Guide to fix the QuickBooks Abort Error
Solution 1: Use QB File Doctor tool
- At first, download QuickBooks File Doctor and install it.
- Open the tool and then go to the Company file issues tab.
- Now, hit on the QuickBooks File Doctor and browse the Company File.
- Start the process of fixing the file.
Solution 2: Check the status of QuickBooks
- Click on the file menu.
- After that, click on Utilities.
- Next, opt for Stopping Hosting to turn off multi-user access.
- The company file will now be open in the multi-user mode.
- Hit on the option to open file in multi-user mode.
Solution 3: Rename QBWUSER.INI file
- To access the location of the INI file, enable the hidden folder.
- Next, navigate to the following location: [user name] AppData/Intuit/QuickBooks.
- Once the aforementioned steps have been finished, right-click on INI.
- Then click on rename.
- Finish the file name with .OLD.
- Rename the .ecml file as well.
- Try to view the file once more after finishing the aforementioned procedures.
Solution 4: Make a new admin user
- To open the Run command, press Ctrl + R keys together.
- Then type in Control Panel and hit the OK
- Open the Control Panel settings after that.
- Select User Accounts, and then head to Manage another Account.
- Then choose Create a new account.
- Finally, fill in the users name, then choose Administrator.
- Finally proceed to Create.
Solution 5: Reinstall and then clean install
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop first, and then reinstall it using the clean install tool.
Method 6: Use the Verify/Rebuild Data Utility
- Run QuickBooks and hit on the File menu.
- Choose the Verify Data option in the Utilities option.
- Click on Ok.
- The program will begin checking the data for potential corruption.
- When an error is found, select the File tab and then Utilities.
- Choose the option to Rebuild Data.
- Once the data has been fixed, click Ok.
- Open QuickBooks and see if the QB Abort Error has been resolved.
Method 7: Allow the permissions for accessing the QB installation folder
- Navigate to Drive: / Program Files / Common Files.
- Alter the security settings pertaining to the common files.
- Right-click on the file and opt for Properties.
- Now, head to Security and click on Edit.
- Finally, scroll to group and usernames and finally choose Users.
- Alter and allow the option to write, read, and execute permissions in the permissions for users tab.
- Finally, hit on Apply and then Ok.
The approaches in this article should help you fix QuickBooks Abort Error. Our accounting professionals and CPAs have cutting-edge tools and technologies to provide the best services instantly. You can contact our QuickBooks Support team i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our executives will be there to assist you in a single call.