Technical aberrations encountered while updating QuickBooks Desktop can be extremely annoying, especially when the update process cannot be bypassed and needs to be done mandatorily. One frequent error encountered by users while updating the product is QuickBooks Error 15311. There are various causes ascribed to this error, and associated with those causes are different solutions that need to be performed for effectively tackling them. This article shall discuss all the potential approaches to root out QuickBooks Error 15311.
Common reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15311
- QuickBooks installer might be corrupted.
- Virus infection damaging QuickBooks files.
- Damaged Windows Registry.
- Third-party programs interfering with QuickBooks.
- Windows firewall blocking QuickBooks installation files.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311
Some of the common solutions to resolve this QuickBooks update error are:
Solution 1: Run Reboot.bat
- Log out of QuickBooks.
- Following step requires right-clicking the QuickBooks icon and selecting Properties.
- Click on the option to Open file location.
- Search for bat file, right-click on it and then choose the option to run it as an Administrator.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Retry the process to update QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Install the latest Digital Signature Certificate
- Advance to the QuickBooks folder.
- Search for QBW32.exe and Right-Click on it.
- Hit on Properties.
- Following that, make a move to the Digital Signature option.
- Click on View certificate Option.
- Now, hit on “install certificate”
- Abide by the instructions in the “Certificate Import Wizard”.
- When the installation is finished, hit on “Ok”.
- Retry the update process by running QuickBooks and hitting on the Help Tab.
Solution 3: Reset QuickBooks updates
- Run QuickBooks and make a move to the Help Menu.
- Hit on Update Now.
- Tap on the Reset Updates checkbox.
- Hit on Get Updates and restart QuickBooks.
- Upon restart, tap on Install Now to initiate the installation of the updates.
- This should effectively fix QuickBooks Error 15311. If not, then jump to the forthcoming solution.
Solution 4: Double check the Service Key
- Run QuickBooks.
- Opt for the Employees
- From there, click on My Payroll Service
- The, hit on the “Manage Service Keys Option”.
- Click on the “Edit” option and make necessary corrections to the key if it is incorrectly entered.
- Subsequently, hit on Finish.
- Restart the computer.
- Run QuickBooks and try downloading the updates again.
Solution 5: Modify Internet Explorer settings
- Set Internet “Explorer” as the default browser.
- Check the system's time and date.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools, then “Internet Options”.
- Delete temporary and cache Files.
- Close “Internet Explorer” and retry downloading updates in QuickBooks.
These troubleshooting steps should help resolve Payroll Error 15311 in QuickBooks. If you have any further questions or need assistance, make sure to consult our QuickBooks error technical support team. at 1-800-761-1787.