QuickBooks users have been marred by issues when parsing XML Text Stream. This issue evokes primarily due to presence of special characters and shows up as an error message QuickBooks found an error when parsing the XML text stream. Through this piece of writing, we will make sure that this parsing error gets annihilated from your system.
Factors behind the error during parsing of the XML Text Stream
- The user could be due to the use of symbols that don't work while parsing.
- Some special characters incorporated while parsing may also cause the error.
- This error may also show up on the screen when the user tries to copy data from another program.
How to fix QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream?
Checkout the following methods in order to rectify the QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream.
Method 1: Delete unnecessary Characters
- Click on the Start menu on the Windows desktop.
- In the search box, type %APPDATA% and press the Enter key.
- On the screen, you can see the Application Data Folder.
- Next, the user should click the right mouse button on the QBXML.log file.
- Now, use the keyboard's Delete button.
- Upload the company file to QuickBooks once more.
- If users try to connect to QuickBooks using the ESC Accounting Server, watch to see if the ESC client gets stuck.
- Soon after that, start up the accounting program again.
- When you try to upload the QBXML.log file, it will now start over in the Esc directory.
- When you open the QBXML.log file, look at the most recent entry.
- The transaction that is causing the problem can be seen by the user.
- Now, the user can quickly look for the restricted characters by opening the records in the ESC.
- Use ESC to get rid of any characters that aren't allowed in a record, then save the record again.
Method 2: Removal of Characters in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Sales menu first.
- Select the Invoice List View next.
- Find the list of unlisted invoices in the View panel.
- You have to write down the invoice numbers for invoices that are still open for as long as you want to post them on QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and click Post. Instead of publishing the invoices in order of when they were made, you can publish them one at a time.
- After that, go to the Sales Invoicing screen and find the specific invoice.
- Now, take the text and take it off the bill.
- After erasing the content, type it back in manually.
- It helps the user get rid of hidden text and formatting that was copied and pasted into ESC but can't be seen.
- After you've done this, make sure that the item's description doesn't have any special characters that aren't allowed.
- Once more, save the invoice when you're done making changes.
- From the previous menu in QuickBooks, choose File and then click on Post to QuickBooks.
- After that, the bill will be put into QuickBooks. The new invoice that was just sent out does not have any mistakes or other problems.
- At the end, follow the usual steps to add more invoices to QuickBooks.
- The various approaches given in this article should provide you with ample assistance to fix.
We reach to the end and at this stage you should be able to put a control on the Quickbooks Desktop Sync Error - "Quickbooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream.”. For assistance from our professionals, you can seek guidance by calling us at QuickBooks desktop error support team via our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.